How we use your information
We are New International Encounter (NIE) – a company registered in 2 different countries (UK and Norway) sharing the same branding and website. Both companies are on the European Business Register.
In the UK, we are a company registered in England and Wales by Companies House with registration number 1129199 and registered address Cambridge Junction, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7GX.
We’re also a charity with registered Charity Number 05088552.In Norway, we are on the Brønnøysund Register Centre (BRC)with registration number 991979727 and registered address Torstadbakken 29, 1395 Hvalstad, Asker.
You are a person:
- using our company’s website which is currently at nie-theatre.com
- using our company’s online platforms – Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Flickr/ Vimeo
- signing up to our mailing list using an online form from the website
- signing up to our mailing list using a paper sign-up form at a show or event
- filling out a paper feedback form at a show or event
- who has told a venue where we perform that you are happy for them to pass information you have given them about yourself to us.
- Made contact with us (email/ letter/ phone) sharing information (including CV and job application form).
The information we may hold about you
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, feedback about our work and how you attended an event). You can choose not to give us certain information. Only if someone has given us their consent on a written form or signed up to the mailing list from the website will we send out our e newsletter.
- communications with us (for example, using the contact form on our website, by email or notes of phone calls)
- information about your interactions with our communications that we can access through the services we use to do this – currently Mailchimp.
- your usage of our website, for example, what you look at our access, traffic data, location data, and other communication data in an anonymous form – through Googleanalytics.
- information about you that you have told a venue where we perform that you are happy for them to pass to us.
- Number of participants, ages, gender and ethnicity as well as verbal and written feedback from adults and children. For funding purposes (to prove we are reaching people) we will collect postcodes. You are not obliged to give us all this information.
Who is collecting information and how?
NIE and venue staff will collect information through printed forms used at one of our shows or during one of our projects. We will enter the information into electronic databases which are stored securely in Googledocs.
NIE uses MailChimp to collate the names and email addresses of our subscribers when they sign up to our newsletter via our sign up form on our website or through a printed feedback form at an event or show.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
How we will use information about you
We use the information that we collect to provide our services to you – to tell you about shows and projects and how you can support the company. We will also inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
We collect and hold information about you:
- to help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to organisations who fund us
- to manage our organisation and improve what we do
For example, we ask for your postcode and resident country in the mailing list sign up so that we can track where our online audience is from in order to ensure that we are reaching a wide range of people, and are fulfilling our charitable audience development objectives. It is for research purposes only, and will not be used in order to send you unsolicited mail.
By using MailChimp we are able to send out our e-newsletter to all our valued supporters.
We use the information processed by Google Analytics to compile reports and to help us improve our website site, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
Your agreement for further information/ fundraising contact
If you have consented through the sign up (feedback form or mailing list from our website), we will use your information:
- to communicate with you about ourselves, our work and work from others that we think you might find interesting through newsletters
- to help us sell more tickets (indirectly through venue websites click through) or otherwise earn or raise money to support ourselves so that we are less dependent on funding.
Sharing information about you
We will never sell your data and will keep your details safe and secure.
We may share information about you:
- with analytics providers for the purposes of improving our services – website and newsletter. The providers are Googleanalytics and Mail Chimp.
Information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders is anonymised.
Any feedback you give us we can use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others in our newsletter, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before providing any personal information to NIE.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations(for instance venues we are touring to and where you can buy a ticket to a show from).
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
This website supplies information to Google Analytics. We use this to enhance your online experience and to better understand how our websites are used. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our site before or whether you are a new visitor.
Our cookies do not store information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). You can choose whether to accept these cookies by amending or setting the controls on your browser to reflect your cookie preferences.
Access to Information
You have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. or request that we stop contacting you.
If you receive our e-newsletter you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply click on the links provided in the footer of the e-newsletter to unsubscribe or update your preferences.
Or, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
The Lead Supervising Authority between the offices is the UK office.
Address: NIE UK, Cambridge Junction, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7GX
Review of this Policy
This notice was updated in May 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at NIE or to reflect changes to regulation or legislation. We do update this Policy each year and will inform you (through the newsletter) but please do review this Policy regularly otherwise.