We are committed to achieving the highest standards of sustainable operation in all our activities to minimise our impact on the environment.
NIE as a touring company recognises both the importance and value of presenting work in-person locally, nationally, and internationally and the carbon cost of this. We bring together artists and audience to share stories and be engaged with the power of live theatre. We believe as a theatre company delivering work for and with young people, we should minimise our environmental impact to make a sustainable world for their future. We are committed to the principle of reduce, reuse and recycle and our responsibility through the proactive decisions we make.
We are committed to achieving the highest standards of sustainable operation in all our activities to minimise our impact on the environment which we benchmark in the UK via Julie’s Bicycle and using Theatre Green Book. All creatives and performers are asked to agree to our environmental pledges/targets at the start of projects.
● Limiting travel by car and use public transport, cycling and walking wherever possible
● To conserve natural resources such as energy, water, wood, paper, especially where those resources are non-renewable, wherever possible. This includes limiting the amount of paper scripts required in the rehearsal room, using recyclable cups/ water bottles etc.
● Using self-catering instead of hotels wherever possible.
● Offering vegetarian options in hospitality choices
We welcome any new suggestions on how we can reduce our carbon footprint.
We are committed to achieving the highest standards of sustainable operation in all our activities to minimise our impact on the environment which we benchmark in the UK via Julie’s Bicycle and using Theatre Green Book.
Our key objectives in the UK during 2022-23 are:
● Reduce carbon emissions by 10%
● All staff / board team to be carbon literary trained
● Explore offsetting options as part of carbon impact research
● Advocate and share how we are working to stakeholders
Our Environmental policy is supported by a detailed action plan, which is regularly reviewed by the staff and board.
If you are interested in finding out more about NIE's sustainability policy, please contact the UK office.
Stay connected by getting our latest news and events straight to your email.
The project "NIE Theatre - Graphic design/branding" is financed by the European Union - NextGenerationEU within the Creative Vouchers program by Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic.